Sunday, December 8, 2013

Work-Out Music

Make no mistake, I am not pretending to be a devoted athlete. I know I should, but I don't exercise regularly. I'm not going to list my excuses for not getting off the couch more, but they're the same reasons I don't blog more often than I do.

I feel really great when I get a chance to walk or jog or dance around, and I know I should do it more. Thanks to iTunes, my endeavors are much more tolerable. Below is a list of songs in my song list titled "Get Up." Don't judge me for my outdated (Beastie Boys), sometimes explicit (Nine Inch Nails), and somewhat embarrassing (Black Eyed Peas) selections, and I won't judge you for liking the shit you listen to. Well, I will. But not out loud.

I'm listing these in order of optimal play, with warm-up and slow-down songs at the beginning and end. I usually just set the list to Shuffle and skip songs when necessary.

1.  "I Turn My Camera On"  (Spoon)
2.  "Heavy Metal Drummer" (Wilco) 
3.  "Run" (Vampire Weekend)
4.  "Day n Nite" (Kid Cudi)
5.  "Don't You Evah" (Spoon)
6.  "Kids" (MGMT)
7.  "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" (Jet)

8.  "Here it Goes Again" (OK Go)
9.  "Hung Up" (Madonna)
10.  "Brass Monkey" (Beastie Boys)
11.  "Burning Down the House" (Talking Heads)
12.  "Can't Stop" (Red Hot Chilli Peppers)
13.  "Like a G6" (Far East Movement, the Cataracs and Dev)
14.  "Mr. Brightside" (The Killers)
15.  "Song 2" (Blur)
16.  "Head Like a Hole" (Nine Inch Nails)
17.   "Zero" (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)
18.  "Uncle Jonny" (The Killers)
19.  "Da Rockwilder" (Method Man & Redman)
20.  "Juicy" (Better than Ezra)
21.  "I Am the Walrus" (Beatles)
22.  "White Sky" (Vampire Weekend)


No comments:

Post a Comment