Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Best Parking Lot of 2009!

My husband sells concrete. I know what you're thinking: EXCITING! Yes, it is. Because my husband sells concrete, I know when all the new businesses come to town, I know how many square feet of concrete each new business requires, and I know who wins the honors awarded by the Tennessee Concrete Magazine. I had been anticipating the arrival of this publication since January, and when it arrived this April, I thought I would have to take a personal day so that I could read and re-read the results of their annual contests.

The magazine awards top-notch designers in various categories, including Commercial Building, Best Concrete Artisan, Best Finishing, Best Concrete Home, and--my personal favorite--Best Concrete Parking Lot! The winner of the 2009 Best Parking Lot design is Kevin Fortney, who created this amazing lot for Franklin High School in Williamson County. The article on page nine of the magazine reveals that Mr. Fortney "wanted to create a showplace parking lot for the entire county."

Though I feel the new parking lot for the Shoney's located off Kingston Pike was a strong competitor, Fortney obviously worked his magic here. It is a parking lot anyone would feel privileged to use. You can almost see the smile on the front of that big celadon Buick, can't you?

2 comments:

  1. You are too much sometimes. This is hysterical, Lana!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lana, it's Andi. Cool blog!!

    ReplyDelete