Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Stuff I Like!

This is the beginning of a new topic I am posting. The title is self-explanatory. These are in no particular order.

1.  I like "Stuff White People Like." While I don't actually like everything on the list, I think the website is hilarious. A few things listed include bottled water, ugly sweater parties, Juno, David Sedaris, and Apple products. Three things on the list that I don't like are hummus, Vespa scooters, and modern furniture.

Read it and see what you think:
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/full-list-of-stuff-white-people-like





2.  I like quirky and unusual art. I decorate the library at school with abstract and nonrepresentational art that my beloved former students have painted. I just love looking at something that doesn't exactly make sense because it stirs my imagination.

For a laugh, check out the Museum of Bad Art. It's art too bad to be ignored. Here's their website:
 http://www.museumofbadart.org/collection






3. I like Pop-Its! They're cheap, they keep my daughter entertained for about ten whole minutes, and clean-up is not necessary (as long as we're using them outide.) I don't care what makes them work. I like to think of them as magic.
4. I love the Tennessee River. A River Rat by birth, I feel completely calm and at home on the Tennessee River.







1 comment:

  1. Great post!! I find Stuff White People Like to be mostly accurate. :)

    ReplyDelete